At Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School, we value the support of volunteers. Our volunteers are integral to the school experience for our students and they provide an important link to the community. We welcome your interest in volunteering and hope you will find the experience rewarding.
Catholic Education Sandhurst Ltd and Our Lady of the Sacred Heart's priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of staff and children. For this reason, we follow all measures, advice and orders that support this.
Below is an outline of the process required to volunteer at OLSH. Whilst the process might seem quite daunting, we are here to assist you with each step as needed.
- Complete a Volunteer Application Form
- Return your form along with supporting documents
- A copy of a current WCC (or evidence of an appropriate exemption)
- A signed copy of the Child Safety Code of Conduct
- Wait for the school to complete referee checks
- Attend an interview and/or induction if requested
The following people are not required to have a WCC Check:
- Teachers registered with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) – Parents/volunteers who hold a VIT registration should supply a copy of their VIT card to the office along with photo ID
- Students, aged 18 or 19, undertaking volunteer work organised or held at School
- Victorian or Australian Federal Police officers – Parents/Volunteers who are currently employed as a member of the Police Force should
provide appropriate evidence of employment to the school office
- Workers, who usually live in another state or territory, visiting Victoria to engage in child-related work (only up to 30 days within the same calendar year)
- All children under the age of 18